Monday 7 October 2024

Alanis Morissette - Hand In My Pocket

Step  1.Pre-Listening.  Before  listening  to  the  song  try  to  fill  in  the  gaps  by 
    1.reading the clues in brackets
    2.guessing the transcribed word .
Step 2. Listen to the song and check your answers.
Step  3.  Listen again and answer the questions in the chorus. 


Hands in my Pocket by Alanis Morissette

I'm broke, but I'm ________ (opposite of sad)

I'm poor, but I'm  _________ (opposite of unkind)
I'm short, but I'm _________ (opposite of sick), yeah
I'm high, but I'm grounded
I'm sane, but I'm overwhelmed
I'm lost, but I'm __________ (opposite of hopeless), baby

 

And what it all comes down to
Is that everything's gonna be fine, fine, fine
'Cause I've got one hand in my pocket
And the other one is _________________ (what is the other hand doing?)

I feel drunk, but I'm ______________ (opposite of drunk)
I'm young and I'm ______________ (opposite if overpaid)
I'm tired, but I'm working, yeah
I care, but I'm ____________ (synonym of fidgety)
I'm here, but I'm really gone
I'm _____________ (opposite of right) and I'm sorry, baby

And what it all comes down to
Is that everything's gonna be quite alright
'Cause I've got one hand in my pocket
And the other is _________________ (what is the other hand doing?)

And what is all comes down to
Is that I haven't got it all figured out just yet
'Cause I've got one hand in my pocket
And the other one is giving _____________(what is the other hand doing?)

I'm ______________ (/fri:/), but I'm focused
I'm __________ (gri:n), but I'm wise
I'm ____________ (/ha:d/), but I'm friendly, baby
I'm sad, but I'm __________ (la:fiŋ/)
I'm __________ (/breiv/), but I'm chicken shit
I'm sick, but I'm pretty, baby

And what it all boils down to
Is that no one's really got it figured out just yet
Well, I've got one hand in my pocket
And the other one is ______________ (what is the other hand doing?)

What it all comes down to, my friends, yeah
Is that everything's just fine, fine, fine
'Cause I've got one hand in my pocket
And the other one is hailing ___________ (what is it hailing?)

No comments:

Post a Comment